Sunday, September 16, 2007

What I am doing...

My name is Jeannine Michele Jersey, and I am the first daughter of an amazing woman, Diane Jenkins Jersey, who dreamed of being a writer. After her death in 2000, we discovered some writings that she had tucked away over the years, and most recently, in 2007, we found a folder that even included a title page for her would-be book: Slices of Life by Diane Jenkins Jersey.

So, as a gift to my brother, Kevin Michael, and my sister, Jessica Lynne, and the rest of her beloved family, I am typing up these short stories, or as she called them, Slices of Life, and plan to give them to each family member for Christmas as a bound, bonafide novel...just as my mother always dreamed.

I look forward to getting to know her better through her own words, and bringing them to you, as I am able to type them up and post them here. Some of these stories will be funny, some heart wrenching, some are just meant to inform...but all of them come from an incredible source of wit, compassion, knowledge and love.

If you feel moved or touched by any of the following posts, please let me know...and share with your friends!

Take care, God Bless,
Jeannine Michele

No comments: