Sunday, November 4, 2007

I’ll Bet You Can Be, Too!

Sometimes, I feel like I’m spinning my wheels…the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. Everybody else seems to accomplish more with their time!

A friend of mine that I admire particularly in this regard is named Nancy Busch. She has four active boys, ranging in age from 7 to 14. She keeps up with all their individual activities at church, in school, and extra-curricular things, too. She keeps a neat and orderly home. She is a great cook. Nancy is always the first one to volunteer to help on any PTA project or church activity, without a moment’s complaint, and often on short notice! A tireless worker, she is practically a saint, I guess. What can’t I be more like her?!

My children range in age from 2 to 8 years old. I think it’s the two year old that slows me down. So much of my time has to revolve around her needs and her schedule. However, I feel exceptionally fortunate that I have been able to stay at home with my three children, and not have to juggle my work schedule, as well as those of my children. I’m a Brownie leader and President of the PTA, and there hardly seems to be enough hours in the day to keep up with so many responsibilities, piano lessons, athletic practices, etc., in addition to managing the household adequately.

I had been feeling somewhat inadequate, when one day I carpooled part of my Brownie troop to the local skating rink for a group lesson. An acquaintance greeted me, saying, “I don’t know how you do it! You participate in so many things and yet, you have a little one at home. I really admire you!”

I was speechless…but, that really made my day!

Later, when I came home and told my husband about my encounter at the skating, he said, “Congratulations, Diane, you’re Nancy Busch to someone!”

I’ll bet you might be, too!

1 comment:

Fiona Kernaghan said...

Hi, Jeannine! I think what you've done here in publishing your mom's works is just fantastic - it's nice to know her words will be read and not kept in the dark. I love what she says here about the compliment - it might not have been any big deal to other people but sometimes it's the little things that truly mean the most.

Anyway, I found your blog and profile when I was looking for people who are into Sheryl Crow - 'cause I'm an indie artist trying to get the word out about my own new record... and I just got this, my first review and it liken's some of my stuff to Sheryl's. Would you be cool about publishing it and helping get the word out?

"U.S based Kernaghan, the quiet achiever of the Oz country music clan, has spent much of her career as a songwriter for hire. This, her second album of grown up pop - high on melody and insight, light on twang - is more personal than a tattoo: "Secrets Of The Flesh" has an epic emotional flow that wouldn't have been lost on Sheryl Crow's great Globe Sessions."

Jeff Apter, The Sydney Morning Herald Metro.

http://www.myspace.com/fionakernaghan